Dental Implants are artificial replacement tooth root that is fixed to the jaw bone to hold a tooth crown. It is a permanent replacement of missing teeth, which lasts for a lifetime and totally mimics natural teeth both functionally and esthetically.
Dental Implant consists of three components:
- Implant: Is made of Titanium and is like a screw which is placed in the jawbone
- Implant Abutment: is a connector attachment that supports the tooth crown
- Implant Crown: Is placed on the Abutment and is clinically seen in the mouth
- A missing tooth/teeth is esthetically unpleasant and change in facial profile
- Missing tooth can cause your jaws bone to shrink and your gums to recede which can weaken the teeth on either side of the missing tooth.
- The adjacent teeth will shift/drift to the empty space resulting in malalignment of teeth (crooked/crowded teeth) and periodontal problems.
- Results in food lodgement, plaque build-up, and decay.
- Missing tooth results in gum problems.
- Loss of tooth function- Reduced masticatory function leading to indigestion
- Speech disturbance
|Dental Implant||Dental Bridge|
|Lasts lifetime||May need to be redone after few years|
|Stronger than natural teeth||Not as strong as natural teeth|
|Brilliant esthetics||Good esthetics|
|No grinding of adjacent teeth||Adjacent teeth needs to be grinded|
|Strength of adjacent teeth is not compromised||Strength of adjacent teeth is compromised|
|Takes support from its own titanium root||Takes support from the adjacent teeth|
It is the best and advanced tooth replacement option. It looks, feels, and functions just like your natural teeth.
- Functionally, Implants feel and act like natural teeth
- Improved appearance
- Great Patient comfort
- Implants offer high retention and stability which enhances comfort and convenience to the patients
- Is a Strong and permanent tooth replacement which lasts a lifetime
- Prevents bone loss and drifting of the adjacent teeth
How painful are Dental Implants?
No. We at Excel Dental Care, Bangalore aim at creating a comfortable, painless, and anxiety-free environment for our patients. The implant treatment procedure is done under the administration of Local Anaesthesia, So no pain is felt.
Post-surgical pain and soreness are treated with the prescribed analgesics and antibiotics.
How do I care for Dental Implants?
Dental Implants need the same care as natural teeth. Maintaining good oral hygiene is important. It includes brushing twice daily, keeping gums healthy, flossing, rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash and routine dental follow up