A Dental Crown is a ‘cap’ that is placed over a tooth – to cover the tooth, to restore its shape and size, strength, and its appearance.
A Dental Bridge literally bridges the gap created by one or more missing teeth. A bridge is made up of one or more crown on either side of the missing tooth
- To restore an already damaged/broken tooth
- To restore fractured teeth, severely worn out tooth
- To cover a root canal treated tooth
- To cover a dental implant
- To restore a tooth, where dental fillings may fail
- To cosmetically cover a stained/discoloured tooth
- To make cosmetic modifications like reshaping a tooth
- To hold dental bridge in place
In the first visit, we examine the tooth (take an x-ray to assess the crown and roots of the tooth receiving the crown and the surrounding bone structure.)
- The shade selection is done using shade tabs to match the adjacent natural teeth color
- Prepare the tooth – Tooth preparation is done to accommodate the fabricated crown on the existing tooth
- After tooth preparation, the impression of your upper and lower teeth are taken
- These records are sent to the lab for the fabrication of the dental crown.
The Specialist dentist at Excel Dental care, Bangalore will place the dental crown and then check the fit and color of the permanent crown. The bite is also evaluated.
If everything is acceptable by both patient and the doctor, the dental crown is permanently cemented.