It is important to have your teeth professionally cleaned by a dentist, every 6 months.
Everyday brushing cannot remove the hard deposits on your teeth. Thus, getting cleaning at a dental clinic is beneficial to maintain good oral hygiene.
How is cleaning done?
We use a dental instrument called an Ultrasonic Scaler for teeth cleaning. It is an effective instrument used to get rid of plaque, tartar, calculus, and extrinsic stains on the teeth, in between the teeth and around the gum line.
How long does it take to get the cleaning done?
It depends on the amount of plaque, calculus, and stains. The more the calculus, more time is required.
How often should I get my teeth cleaned?
Ideally, we recommend getting professional teeth cleaning by a dentist every 6 months.
Does it help to prevent caries?
Yes. If the plaque and calculus accumulate, it acts as a harbor for the bacterial growth and results in caries.
What happens if I don’t get the cleaning done?
Negligence can cost you a lot.
If you neglect to get professional teeth cleaning done then the plaque hardens to form calculus. Plaque and Calculus results in Tooth decay. The plaque and calculus play havoc in the gingival health too resulting in gingivitis, periodontitis which can eventually result in tooth loss.
WHY TEETH CLEANING IS IMPORTANT?
- Teeth Cleaning removes plaque and calculus. If Plaque and calculus are left unattended, it results in Bad Breath, Tooth Decay and Gum disease
- Dental cleaning helps remove the extrinsic stains that dull and discolor your teeth. So, you will be left with a brighter, whiter smile
- Gum diseases are the most common problem. The food debris, plaque, and calculus results in infection and gum disease which if left untreated, eventually leads to tooth loss. You can take care of your gums by going for a routine dental check-up to the Best Dentist in Bangalore
- A strong link exists between Cardiovascular disease and Gum disease. Dental cleaning done twice a year will prevent gum disease; it can also reduce the risk of potential heart attack and stroke
- Routine dental check-up helps you detect early signs of Oral Cancer
Is it painful?
Will my teeth become loose after cleaning? Is it a myth?
The Ultrasonic Scaler, the instrument we use to do the teeth cleaning is a non-abrading and non-cutting instrument.
We just remove the plaque, calculus, and extrinsic stains.
It doesn’t affect your teeth nor abrades your teeth or harms ur tooth
It is a very safe procedure.
Will I have sensitivity after cleaning?
If you can check at least two of the things off the list, then your oral hygiene is pretty good!
If not, you must schedule an early appointment for Teeth Cleaning at Excel Dental Care, Jayanagar, Bangalore.
Call us : 9483151643