At, Excel Dental Care, Bangalore we offer Composite tooth Restoration which is a natural-looking filling material and blends in seamlessly with your other adjacent natural teeth and thus, goes virtually undetected. Composite is tooth-colored and the most superior type of restorative material to restore a decayed tooth or broken tooth
Tooth Fillings are restorative material used to fill in the decayed tooth ( after caries excavation ) or to build up a broken tooth which enhances the esthetics and strength of the tooth structure and prevents further tooth decay.
Dental filling is a procedure to restore the integrity, function, morphology, and esthetics of missing tooth structure resulting from dental caries or external trauma
- Brilliant Aesthetics/Appearance – Composite fillings can be closely matched to the color of your existing natural teeth. It comes in a wide range of shade, thus it helps to mimic the color of your natural teeth.
- Minimal tooth preparation – After complete removal of dental caries, the tooth is minimally prepared to receive the composite filling.
- Versatility – composite fillings are used to repair chipped, broken, or worn out teeth.
- High strength – It has great bonding to the tooth structure. So chances of dislodgement are less.
- No Mercury Toxicity – Previously used amalgam fillings posed issues of mercury toxicity. Composite restorations have 0% mercury content, so they are safe.
- In a few cases, it is an alternative to dental crowns
- For cosmetic improvements of the smile by changing the color of the teeth or reshaping disfigured teeth.
Is it painful?
Excel Dental Care, Bangalore specializes in gentle dental practice, so you can expect absolutely pain-free filling procedure. In fact, our patients thank us for delivering them a comfortable and painless dental procedure. To minimize any potential discomfort and to put your mind at ease, we administer local anesthesia, and then the procedure is done.
Can I eat/drink immediately after tooth filling?
Yes. The composite is set or polymerized by light curing. Thus, it sets almost immediately. So you need not wait to eat/drink
In how many visits are a filling done?
It is done in a single visit.
Will my filling break if I eat anything hard?
No. We, at Excel Dental Care, use the most superior Composite restoration which is the strongest filling material and is durable
What happens if tooth decay is left untreated?
Tooth decay weakens your tooth enamel, if left untreated then it advances to the dentin causing tooth sensitivity and pain. Then, the decay furthermore progresses resulting in a stage where a simple tooth filling will not save the tooth. Advanced progression of decay has to be treated by Root Canal Therapy which would cost you a lot more.
Thus at the initial stage of the tooth decay, fillings or restorations are advised.
THE TOOTH DOESN’T REPAIR ON ITS OWN. Tooth filling has to be done to prevent the spread of caries.
I visited Excel Dental Care for filling my decayed teeth. My decayed tooth was paining since a week and I could see the black decay. Dr. Sindhu S Kumar did the filling very well. She was very gentle, and I didn’t experience any pain. I am happy with the treatment. The white composite filling absolutely matches with the natural tooth color. In the 1st visit the tooth filling was done in 15 minutes.. The clinic is a modern clinic, with the latest equipment, hygienic andLakshmi.MHome maker
I visited Excel Dental Care for tooth fillings. Dr. Jnanesh did the procedure very well and that if i delay it den the decay will progress and the. I didn’t experience any kind of discomfort. The sterilization methods are followed very well in the clinic. Very happy with the treatment.ThankyouMeenu JoseNursing student